Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A war in the 1900s rages on. Only it's not just any war. A war between mages and humans. Those with magic and those without. Who will end up the ruler of the kingdom, or worse... The world?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE RULES OF LIFE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anthony McKnight
Admin
Anthony McKnight

THE RULES OF LIFE Empty
PostSubject: THE RULES OF LIFE   THE RULES OF LIFE EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 11:49 pm

To become apart of this society:

Step 1.) Register with a Full name (As in First and Last)

Step 2.) Read the Rules below.

Step 3.) Go to Entry and choose whether you want to be Human or a Mage. Use the format (via copy and paste in a new topic in the Entry forum)

Step 4.) Paste the format in a new topic in the Entry forum, fill it out, and send. When it is approved, it'll be sent to documents.

Step 5.) Have Fun. You're ready to roleplay.
Back to top Go down
https://victustrials.forumotion.com
Anthony McKnight
Admin
Anthony McKnight

THE RULES OF LIFE Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE RULES OF LIFE   THE RULES OF LIFE EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 11:55 pm

The Rules and Guidelines.

Basic
-Spamming: You know when you clutter up a thread with off-topic responses. It’s not fun to have to sort through something because of that. Now, if it’s a game, it’s okay. If it’s a role play thread, journal, class, ect… it’s cruelty to me and my staff or your role play buddy. Some people don’t particularly like the random “SPAM!” or “HI!” post in their organized little topics. So please… control yourself with it. Go be random in the chatbox

-Double Posting: If you know the saying “Double Double Toil and Trouble” then you’ll realize what I mean now. Double posting should only be allowed in Journals. It causes confusion and there ARE certain areas you CAN double post. If you mess up a post, you can always go back and edit it. It won’t kill you!

-God Modding: Think of your parents trying to order you around, your boss yelling at you to do what he wants, your teacher demanding things of you. That’s what this little guy does. He’s your parent, boss, teacher, ect. God-modding is taking control of someone else’s character to benefit you. Think of you and your friend role playing. You’re in a duel and your friend says “Carol throws a rock and it kills Ashley.” Instead of being able to reply, your turn was taken from you because it suddenly said you died even though you could have clearly ducked. So… don’t GM.

-Mary Sues: This is when you create a too perfect character without any kind of flaws. This type of person apparently knows everything and can do no wrong, which is impossible. So please, your character needs at least a few flaws and weaknesses.

-RP Jacking: This is like going into someone else’s RP thread and taking over, changing the subject to something not even remotely close to the previous subject. This is like being random. I do not want you steal someone’s attention like that. Be subtle at least!

-Signatures: They should be no large than 600x300. Anything bigger is just way too big and steals the limelight from other things and slows computers down. Make sure if you have an animation, it’s not over layered and too much. Not everyone has a super fast computer you know!

Roleplay Profiles:
-Mini Plots: In Victus, there is a real main plot going on that creates a story. Creating your own side story inside it is allowed, just add it in your profile so that I know. The main plot hasn't been created yet so feel free to ignore this for now.

-Age: Minimum age your character can be is 16. Some exceptions could be allowed, but PM me first.

-Couples: It's allowed but the sex shouldn't be posted in full detail. Even a dude like me can get grossed out.

-Babies: Pregnancy is allowed here. Just PM me and I’ll make the arrangements to have your character give birth. This means children are allowed but aren't really characters from another handler. You're just GMing them until they grow up to at least be 16, then you can have someone be your child.

-Death: This CAN happen to your characters. When they die, we put them in the Graveyard. This means you can not use that character any more

The Community:
-Ratings: Not everyone here wants to read your female (or possibly male but that's disturbing…) character giving birth or making love. Put a [M] on the title of the topic so that poor innocents don’t stumble across it please. That’s all I ask of that.

-Word Count: Please make your responses at least of two sentences or more. I don’t like short, choppy role plays. It ruins everyone’s muse when they are planning to reply to you. Things like three worded replies are not allowed except in the game area.

-1st Person, 3rd Person: It would be much easier if you kindly would post in THIRD PERSON and NOT FIRST. It confuses your friends in the role play thread. Trust me. I’ve been there, done that.

-Being Out Of Character: If you want to leave a note while in role play, show it in some way. Such as (( )) or [ ] or even OOC: would be nice.

-Number of Characters: That, my friend, is unlimited. You can keep going and creating as long as you remember them and actually use them! Also, you must make sure I am aware of this and if you have siblings in real life who wish to play as well. I want to make sure the inactive bunch are different people you know.
Back to top Go down
https://victustrials.forumotion.com

THE RULES OF LIFE
Page 1 of 1