Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A war in the 1900s rages on. Only it's not just any war. A war between mages and humans. Those with magic and those without. Who will end up the ruler of the kingdom, or worse... The world?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Down on the Shore

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Darquesse Caeca

Darquesse Caeca

Down on the Shore Empty
PostSubject: Down on the Shore   Down on the Shore EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 12:56 pm

Darquesse walked along the shore, the light brightly shining in her eyes, raising her arm to sheild them from the intensity of the Sun she looks out on the main town that was in the distance she wondered what would be awaiting them when they returned. She looked in the direction that she had come looking for her sister who had not yet arrived, it was times like this that unnerved her, she wondered if her sister was a) alright and b) meeting up with some local boy and having it off. She sighed, after all Addie was the prettiest of the two.

"I wonder where you are Addie." Darquesse muttered throwing a rock into the water before her
Back to top Go down
Adena Caeca

Adena Caeca

Down on the Shore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down on the Shore   Down on the Shore EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:06 pm

She was making her way down to the shore where she was meeting her sister, when a guy had knocked her down. He had apologized profusely before she tod him it was fine and they went their separate ways. She got to the shore and saw her sister and looked herself over before considering turning herself transparent. She'd probably look like a ghost since she hadn't mastered the power but it'd be funny. She shrugged and let her power wash over her. She moved over to Dar slowly and whispered.

"Boo." She laughed a little and became fully visible again.
Back to top Go down
Darquesse Caeca

Darquesse Caeca

Down on the Shore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down on the Shore   Down on the Shore EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:17 pm

Darquesse turns to look very dryly at Addie, sighing she smiles after a few seconds of letting her know she wasn't amuzed. She throws another rock into the water and watches it splash and sink to the bottom of the river bed, turning she throws her arms around Addie. Lately she had been worried about Addie and herself, there was a lot of new stresses approaching them, the war was getting worse and even though they were on the more skilled side they were inevitably going to have to move from neutral to fully joining the Mages against the Humans.

"Addie, are you alright? No problems I presume finding me?"
Back to top Go down
Adena Caeca

Adena Caeca

Down on the Shore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down on the Shore   Down on the Shore EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:22 pm

"I'm fine. None at all." She took sat down next to Dar and looked at her questioningly. "Is something bothering you dar?" She remembered when that joke had always cheered the two of them up, but today... something had to be wrong. She had never seen Dar give her such a dry look before.
Back to top Go down
Darquesse Caeca

Darquesse Caeca

Down on the Shore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down on the Shore   Down on the Shore EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:28 pm

Darquesse was torn between telling her sister and keeping quiet, she knew her sister would become worried once she knew that she herself was worried also. She wanted to keep her safe and well, un worried for the time being. She wanted to try and keep them both away from the war as long as she could. She smiles, a forced smile mind, at Addie. She wanted to keep quiet, but being a twin, disguising emotion became harder and harder, she wondered why she even bothered to smile at all. Addie would know.

"If I said there was, would you ask to know what was the matter?" Darquesse asked
Back to top Go down
Adena Caeca

Adena Caeca

Down on the Shore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down on the Shore   Down on the Shore EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:55 pm

Now she knew something was wrong. Dar's smile was forced, she could tell. Call it... a twin thing, she knew her sister. She gave her a worried look before answering her.

"Yes, I would. What's wrong?"
Back to top Go down
Darquesse Caeca

Darquesse Caeca

Down on the Shore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down on the Shore   Down on the Shore EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 2:02 pm

Darquesse sighed and took off her coat, there was no-one here but them so she saw no harm in it, she turned her whole body to face her sister and took in a deep breath thinking about how to word what she was about to say. She wouldn't let on to how worried she was, just give Addie a little snapshot of what she was thinking.

"It's just the whole war between humans and us. Sometimes, it worries me thinking about having to fight with them. I dont want you to get hurt Addie." Darquesse shrugged "Thats all."
Back to top Go down
Adena Caeca

Adena Caeca

Down on the Shore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down on the Shore   Down on the Shore EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 3:32 pm

She was a little offended by what Dar had just said. She could take care of herself! She was a fire elemental, as well as having the power of invisibility! She could handle things! She may not want to be a part of the war, but if she had to she knew what she was doing!

"Are you saying I can't take care of myself?"
Back to top Go down
Darquesse Caeca

Darquesse Caeca

Down on the Shore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down on the Shore   Down on the Shore EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 3:37 pm

Darquesse turned and glowered at Addie, she got up from the sandy shore and glowered at her. She knew that she would react like this and she was annoyed at her for it, she wanted to show her that other mages just as adept as she ended up hurt or worse in this war. She was so enraged she only just managed to squeeze out:

"No. Don't be idiotic Addie. If this is what I get for complying with your own request then I shall end this meeting early." Darquesse muttered cooly
Back to top Go down
Adena Caeca

Adena Caeca

Down on the Shore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down on the Shore   Down on the Shore EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 4:08 pm

She stood up as well and glared back, well maybe she should clarify then. She wanted to know what was going on today though. It wasn't even five minutes and they were already at each others throats. She softened her look and sat back down.

"I'm sorry.. it just... it's what it... it sounded like..." She sighed and gave up. She obviously couldn't think of what to say.
Back to top Go down
Darquesse Caeca

Darquesse Caeca

Down on the Shore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down on the Shore   Down on the Shore EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Darquesse sat back down and placed a hand on her sisters shoulder, they were never normally like this and to be honest it rather upset her to be angry at her sister in this way. She smiled, a genuine smile this time and playfully ruffled Addie's hair. She wanted to speak to her sister for comfort not for having an arguement with, she could go anywhere for that.

"I apologize for snapping, I'm a little stressed about the opening of the Bakery. Do you think the business will go well?"
Back to top Go down
Adena Caeca

Adena Caeca

Down on the Shore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down on the Shore   Down on the Shore EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 4:01 pm

She was happy that they had stopped snapping at each other. She smiled at Dar, thinking about the Bakery. She had been wondering that too, but she was sure it would go well. People loved baked goods, and working together she knew they could do it.

"I'm sure we'll do well. Just give it time."
Back to top Go down
Darquesse Caeca

Darquesse Caeca

Down on the Shore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down on the Shore   Down on the Shore EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 4:09 pm

"Yes. I should do well. There is no shortage of people wanting to eat so we should do fine."

Darquesse said this mainly to reassure herself of this fact, she was a worrier, she had always been but now she had more important things to discuss with her twin that were of a lighter nature. Something a bit more fun for them. She had thought about having a party, a get together to meet new people she wondered if Addie might be up for it.

"Addie, what do you say to hosting a party?"
Back to top Go down
Adena Caeca

Adena Caeca

Down on the Shore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down on the Shore   Down on the Shore EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 4:36 pm

"A party?" She honestly thought that was a great idea, but what for? The opening of the Bakery? That was definitely a reason to celebrate. She could already see herself slaving over some kind of cake, and then there would be sandwiches and drinks and lots of other things. "For the opening of the Bakery? Even if it's not, I think that's a great idea. Although... i'm not a big party person. I think i'll just stay in the kitchen..."
Back to top Go down
Darquesse Caeca

Darquesse Caeca

Down on the Shore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down on the Shore   Down on the Shore EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 6:27 am

Darquesse didn't like the sound of a party without her sister fully being there, she would need her, she wasn't talkative either but she thought that they both needed a little release from the worry of the situation around them. She grinned at Addie, wondering what she could do to drag her out of the kitchen when the party started but decided it would be best to just leave her evil plots for now.

"Yes, the bakery would probably profit a great deal if we had a party where people could come and sample what we make, AND we get to have a good time." She grinned at Addie "You could make a cake if you liked."
Back to top Go down
Adena Caeca

Adena Caeca

Down on the Shore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down on the Shore   Down on the Shore EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Her eyes lit up at the mention of a cake and she smiled. She was excited now because she could make a cake. She ran through her head all the other things she was going to have to make and buy for this. Even if it would cost a good amount of money they could afford it and they could make up for it with the business they were sure to get from people trying their food.

"I can? Yay! We'll also need sandwiches and pies and..." She was going to go on and on but she didn't think her sister would like that.
Back to top Go down
Darquesse Caeca

Darquesse Caeca

Down on the Shore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down on the Shore   Down on the Shore EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 1:48 pm

Darquesse smiled, she was happy that her sister was excited by the prospect of the party, it would be a good chance of them to make friends in the community, after all, as twins they kind of stuck around each other a lot. She ruffled her sisters hair and listened to her plans about what to make for the party she grins. At least she's excited for it. She thinks.

There would just be one problem, who would they invite and how would they let them know? After all, you couldn't just walk up to people and give them invites, they could be Humans or they could just turn up and wreck the place for free food. Sighing Darquesse looked at her sister and asked:

"How should we invite people, place a notice in the bakery?"
Back to top Go down
Adena Caeca

Adena Caeca

Down on the Shore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down on the Shore   Down on the Shore EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:08 pm

"Maybe a notice... and reminders to anyone who buys something? Maybe they could bring their friends?" In her mind she was still going over things they could make and set out. She moved her thoughts to inviting people though. Maybe there was something they could make. There could be a large flyer in the window, and they could hand out smaller flyers to their costumers, and tell them to invite their friends.
Back to top Go down
Darquesse Caeca

Darquesse Caeca

Down on the Shore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down on the Shore   Down on the Shore EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:17 pm

Darquesse grinned, this was a good idea. She could make the flyers herself, she was quite handy when it came to drawing and crafts, she would see if her sister wanted to make the invites first before she expressed an interest in making them herself. She wanted a lot of people to come and using the business as a means to invite people would be successful. She thought that the flyers would be an excellent idea, they should make them as soon as possible, yet the thought about clashes between humans and mages still troubled her. She shook her head and smiled once more.

"That sounds like a good idea Addie. Do you want to do the invites, or shall I?" Darquesse asked playing with a few grains of sand
Back to top Go down
Adena Caeca

Adena Caeca

Down on the Shore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down on the Shore   Down on the Shore EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 9:35 pm

"Oh Dar, I know how much you love that kind of thing! I would never keep it from you! Besides I have planning to do for the food and such. You can make them." She smiled at her twin and thought of the possibilities. Then she thought of something, the fact that neither of them were very... social. She had mentioned it earlier, but she hadn't thought much of it at the time. She got a serious look on her face.

"We have to promise to try our best to be social then. I promise I won't spend the entire time baking, and i'll try to interact with people. You have to promise too though."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Down on the Shore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down on the Shore   Down on the Shore Empty

Back to top Go down

Down on the Shore
Page 1 of 1